Friday, June 19, 2009

Blitz! Blitz!!

So it's back to school for moi and it's like everything's the same as it was... yeah... pretty much. School got postponed for almost a week and that's thanks to the now infamous AH1N1 flu that's running rampant around the country! Talk about sweet shit luck when I thought I could avoid it, here comes 100 plus cases within the first week of my return! Then the numbers just grew ridiculously huge (not monumentally) hitting 311, last I checked. Thankfully, the government has since then begun a huge flu awareness campaign which spread to become a flu awareness month, which is this month, and has begun giving out vaccines and advising proper hygiene awareness like placing ethyl alcohol bottles for hand sanitizing in buildings around campus and offices. But the good news is that no fatalities so far and hopefully none, but it's really weird how some cases appeared in the most remote and unexpected areas. I guess when there's a will, there's a way, or maybe the virus managed to recreate itself within the locale? It's a mystery I'm intrigued to find out about but not gonna stick my neck out too far to unearth.

As it is now, the government is truly fucking with the nation's minds!!! Can't they see that all they're doing is aggravating an already irritated society which just doesn't want any more trivial problems like administrative inconsistencies? (a.k.a. shenanigans) I admit that in spite of the many achievements that have been attained by this proud and culturally historical nation, there's really much to be desired about its governance and the people in it. I know that as a foreigner, my opinion only matters as much as that of the next fil-am who comes on the occasional visit to see his mother's-land, but if it's too much for me to take, how much more is it for the people whom I see day-in and day-out, who have lived through and witnessed all their lives the unbelievable audaciousness of their leaders every single day???

I can't write anymore... I've got to go to a party and I don't wanna have a long face on just because of my post... although I do have plenty to say, but I'll keep it for another day.

Asta...

No comments: