Monday, September 21, 2009

So what now?

A note on interesting conversation topics and subjects of discussions: usually made up or over-sensationalised garbage!!!

just a thought...


Talk about long time comings... I didn't realise it had been almost 2 whole months since my last post and well, yeah, it's about that time of the year where I dread realising how little time I have left to fulfill all I want to do before cancer/fatal accidents/physical ailments/acquired immune deficiency syndrome/force majeure/impotency take over my already semi-deluded consciousness. Phew, glad I got that out of the way. So what's new in my life then?

Political news: Aquino-Roxas ... interesting. GMA ... *yawn* (hurry up already and get it over with). Lacson - Erap ... great *clears throat* minds think alike. I think that's all I wanna say about the political situation here. Be that as it may, I'm quite pleased at some of my other friends who are beginning to realise the value of being critically honest about their Country and establishments... and maturing while learning more about it at the same time.

Entertainment news: Too much to discuss. Basically lots of awards and recognitions where independent movies are concerned. I'm still quite surprised at the recent achievements by Pepe Diokno and Brilliante Mendoza. (Makes me wanna drop out altogether) Cinemaone Originals coming up real soon and I guess as much as it pains me to say this - Malaysian filmmakers, please please please buck up! Break the cycle! Religion is only a guideline for the benefit of the ruling class to hone in on its subordinates! Film is the new literature and we should abuse it as much as we can to make people realise that we're more than just a "melting pot" of cultures or a "religious-secular state" or that our main achievements come in the form of steel and concrete, not minds or ideas.

Sports news: Manny Pacquiao being accused of doping by Mayweather Sr. (Give it up old man. Even if he did, he did it well enough that he didn't get caught i.e. credit on the part of his pharmacist/coach - p.s. not libel or slander... think sarcastic cynicism) Ateneo finally bested UP in cheerleading. They only won because one of the UP cheerleaders fell from the top of the pyramid. Otherwise, it would've been ours. Congrats to FEU on a stunning performance!

I think that wraps up whatever I've bothered to fill my mind with over the last 2 months. Basically, I've been caught up in a whole bunch of other stuff, I'm actually pleased that those bits of information still held onto my slowly deteriorating brain cells. Apart from the fact that I have my own academic requirements to catch up and handle, I think I've been quite balanced in my schedules. (I do admit cramming and cutting classes to meet other requirements were necessary but all in good measure) Photography has been awesome but really tiring work, my first production class has been quite satisfactory (albeit mostly receiving critical acclaim for my first 2 group productions but, I'll take it!), I hate communication theories with all my heart, but I'll still find time to pass the damn thing anyways, Math 1 should be called Applied Arts and Crafts in Mathematics not Appreciation of Mathematics, P.E. (Swimming) is... P.E., and Persyan 10 (language class) is interestingly interesting (I'm running out of adjectives cos suddenly I was in Farsi mode. Don't ask why). Other than that, I guess I'm doing pretty well considering a lot of other things that have been pushed my way, (or whatever that I'm groping around in the dark for) but I can't wait for the end of the year. I can't wait for this semester to be over. I can't wait because tomorrow might be another opportunity for me to make a better impression on someone's life. I can't wait because if tomorrow never comes, I'm probably dead already. I just can't wait to see the light of day. Happy Birthday to me... doesn't sound too happy, does it?

No comments: